Notification of contribution comments

Notification of contribution comments

by Nicolas Martignoni -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Language pack maintainers

Hi,

I noticed that the dialog with occasional contributors doesn't work well, as the comments for accepted/rejected contributions do not get noticed by them, nor their answers noticed by me, as we don't get any notifications of them.

I would praise a new AMOS functionnality to notify (and get notified) via mail of these comments. Am I alone, am I missing an existing setting?

Cheers, Nicolas

In reply to Nicolas Martignoni

Re: Notification of contribution comments

by Séverin Terrier -

Hi Nicolas,

Yes, i had the same thought some days ago, on one of my AMOS contribution, when i realised that receveid email didn't include comments, and i had never seen a lot of them (beeing a used contributor), generaly never coming back to see details of contributions, after submiting them (and having you approving them).

So, i think the solution is simple : just include comments in send emails wink

Cheers,
Séverin

In reply to Séverin Terrier

by Nicolas Martignoni -
Picture of Language pack maintainers

Séverin,

The problem is sometimes, you make comments to a contribution without committing anything and no mail is then sent.

IMHO, the solution would be to have an option to get via mail any comment on a contribution you participate to, a bit like the way it is on the tracker, where you can choose to "watch" an issue and get notified about changes about it. This option should be enabled by default for the contributor and maintainer when a contribution is proposed, so that they get any comments about it.

One could imagine too that any AMOS user could add/remove herself to the "watchers" of any contrib, to get (or not to get) notified too.

Does it make sense to someone else?

PS. Thanks for creating the issue on the tracker.

Nicolas

In reply to Nicolas Martignoni

by Séverin Terrier -

Nicolas,

Thanks for your explanations, and having modified the issue in the tracker for that.

You're proposition is much more complete.

I just think that, if it's too much work, it would at least be interesting to begin to add notification of comments for contributor and maintainer...

Séverin