Click the cell to turn it into the input editor. Insert the translation and click outside the cell to stage the translation. The background color of the cell means:
- Green - the string is already translated, you can eventually modify the translation.
- Yellow - the string may be out-dated. The English original was probably modified after the string had been translated.
- Red - the string is not translated yet.
- Blue - you have modified the translation and it is now staged.
- Grey - AMOS can't be used to translate this string. For example strings for Moodle 1.9 must be edited via the legacy CVS access only.
Language pack maintainers can see a small red symbol in the corner of the cells they are allowed to commit.