Could you help translate MoodleNet in your language?

Re: Could you help translate MoodleNet in your language?

by koen roggemans -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Language pack maintainers

Hi Mayel,

I think your request here is a little bit like kicking in an open door smile : as you can see, there are an awful lot of really experienced Moodle translators here (200+ maintainers), who loyally translate for many years every string that appears in Moodle.  I'm inclined to say: throw your strings here and the work will be done (just like e.g. the mobile strings, the moodle.org strings are all done here).

I am a little bit confused about "MoodleNet is an open social media platform to sustainably empower communities of educators to share and learn from each other to improve the quality of education".  I must have missed something, since I thought Moodle.org is doing that already nearly 17 years and therefore containing a lot of very valuable tips and tricks on every aspect of Moodle. I hope all that information is not going to get lost in transition. Or is it a 4th pilar (next to moodle.org, the docs and moodle.net)?

To answer your questions:

• Translating Moodle to Dutch since 2003
  • Translation coördinator for Moodle since 2004
  • Translation experiënce with several other OS projects (Freemind, Mahara, Tracker video analysis and modeling tool, ...)
  • Dutch (native) and English (fluent)
  • Profile link by clicking on my name above this forum post

Kind regards

Koen