AMOS improvement proposal: give language pack maintainers "mark as outdated" capability

Re: AMOS improvement proposal: give language pack maintainers "mark as outdated" capability

by David Mudrák -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Language pack maintainers

Thanks Iñigo for the suggestion.

Just wondering, why should it be more efficient to mark strings as outdated (and letting someone to eventually fix it) rather than fixing the translation immediately (and submitting that fix for review)?

In reply to David Mudrák

Er: Re: AMOS improvement proposal: give language pack maintainers "mark as outdated" capability

by Iñigo Zendegi Urzelai -

Hi David,

For example when reviewing long strings (_desc strings, for example) it can be quite straightforward to see which is outdated but fixing them may require some more time. Been able to mark strings as outdated would be helpful in that scenario, even more when you want to do this work collaboratively because in that way every translator could see which strings needs fixing.

In reply to Iñigo Zendegi Urzelai

Re: Er: Re: AMOS improvement proposal: give language pack maintainers "mark as outdated" capability

by David Mudrák -

Ok, thanks. May I ask for submitting that feature request into the Moodle Tracker (project MDLSITE, component lang.moodle.org). Please provide the description and the use cases there.

I can't promise it would be a priority but having it in the tracker will make it less likely to get forgotten.

In reply to David Mudrák

Er: Re: Er: Re: AMOS improvement proposal: give language pack maintainers "mark as outdated" capability

by Iñigo Zendegi Urzelai -

Hi David,

I've just created it: MDLSITE-5666

I can't wait for that new generation AMOS UI and workflow to arrive!

In reply to David Mudrák

Odg: Re: AMOS improvement proposal: give language pack maintainers "mark as outdated" capability

by Mitja Podreka -

Maybe 'Mark as need fixing' would be more appropriate as translations are already marked outdated by AMOS if the original string changes.

This function would also come handy when approving contributions. If during the review I notice some mistake, I need to change to 'edit mode' to fix the string and thus loose the color coding and diff information of the 'review mode'. Switching between them takes quite some time. If I could mark the strings, I could go and fix them all after finishing the review.

In reply to Mitja Podreka

Re: Odg: Re: AMOS improvement proposal: give language pack maintainers "mark as outdated" capability

by David Mudrák -

Just to mention that the ability to easily fix strings any time during their review process is something I plan to improve in the next generation of the AMOS UI and workflow.