AMOS Update

Er: Re: AMOS Update

by Iñigo Zendegi Urzelai -
Number of replies: 8
Hi David,

Thank you for the new version of AMOS, I like its new features and how faster is now, great work!

BTW, I've realized that in the new version of AMOS the log that used to be at https://lang.moodle.org/local/amos/log.php has disappeared from the menu, is this temporary or that report went away definitely? I know I can see the history of each string, but that report was useful in some situations.
In reply to Iñigo Zendegi Urzelai

Re: Er: Re: AMOS Update

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Language pack maintainers

Thank you Iñigo for the feedback - good to hear you like it!

The log report feature still needs to be rewritten to work with the new database scheme. I just created MDLSITE-6384 as a todo item for this - please feel encouraged to vote and watch the issue there.

Thanks again.

In reply to David Mudrák

by Daniel Neis Araujo -
Hello,
after the AMOS update we maintainers do not have the option to propagate the strings from one branch to another.
I've approved a lot of translations that are being made in 4.0 branch that's default now (shouldn't it be 3.10 or 3.11?) and are not propagated to the other branches.
Are there any plans to bring this back? What should we do?
Best,
Daniel
In reply to Daniel Neis Araujo

by David Mudrák -

Hi Daniel.

There should be no need to propagate contributed translations any more. They should be automatically committed in a way that they apply since the oldest possible version. I just checked the timeline history of some of the strings that came as a part of recent contributions to pt_br #37466, #38096 and it seemed to work ok.

There is still an open issue affecting translations import MDLSITE-6394 though.

Maybe you could provide more detailed step-by-step description of how to reproduce your problem?

In reply to David Mudrák

by Daniel Neis Araujo -
Hello, David
it may be my fault that I had not commited the strings a couple days ago, since the history only shows the translation from today.
Anyway, I checked again and they're there now.
Thank you for you answer and sorry for the noise!
Best,
Daniel
In reply to David Mudrák

by Mohammad Ali -
Hi David,
As I'm continuously using AMOS almost every day, I noticed a small change in the past few hours. Now, searching for a word in ALL Moodle "Components" doesn't return any results. No results also returned from searching for "missing and outdated strings only" with no terms entered in the "Substring" field.
Nevertheless, my current saved searching criteria, which uses ALL Moodle "Components", gives results.
I don't know if other translators noticed this, but it seems the case in the Arabic language.

With regards,
In reply to Mohammad Ali

Er: Re: Er: Re: AMOS Update

by Iñigo Zendegi Urzelai -
Hi Mohammad,

I've also noticed that the searching is not working well, sometimes it doesn't return results (when I know there are strings matching the criteria) and other times it returns all the strings even if they doesn't match the searching criteria, but I've still haven't found what the pattern is.
In reply to Mohammad Ali

by David Mudrák -

Well spotted Mohammad and thank you for raising this.

I haven't had a chance to debug details of it but I am able to reproduce the problem. My guessed suspicion is that the number of selected components reached some limit or so. When you try to select "Standard components only" or you select all components but then de-select a few of them, it seems to work again.

Can I ask you for raising it as a new MDLSITE issue (component "lang.moodle.org") in the Moodle Tracker please? Thank you in advance.

In reply to David Mudrák

by Mohammad Ali -
Hi David,
I'm glad to assist in making Moodle better.
Your guess about exceeding the limit of components is right. Clicking on Permalink with too many components selected gives the error message:

414 Request-URI Too Large

This is now reported in the tracker, MDLSITE-6423.
Thanks.