Using AMOS tool for language pack translation

TRANSLATORS HEADS UP - moodle.org file changes

Picture of David Mudrák
TRANSLATORS HEADS UP - moodle.org file changes
by David Mudrák - Wednesday, 28 September 2011, 11:42 PM
Language pack maintainers

This is an announcement regarding the changes in the file lang/en/moodle.org. This file contains strings that are used at moodle.org site. Moodle HQ team is currently migrating all moodle.org specific stuff to a local plugin. So the string file is going to be moved from moodle.org to local_moodleorg.

In AMOS, there will be just one version (branch) of that file available. It will be 2.1 for now and when moodle.org upgrades to 2.2, we will change the version in AMOS respectively.

I am going to move the component core_moodle.org to local_moodleorg during the weekend for all languages. Translators (language pack maintainers) should make sure that their 2.1 branch of core_moodle.org contains all available translations. Use the merge tool at the stage page if you want to copy missing translations from one branch to another.

Please have the 2.1 version of core_moodle.org branch prepared by Friday September 30 20:00 UTC. After this time, I consider myself allowed to drop all other branches from AMOS without any chance to restore the data.

Picture of Andrea Bicciolo
Re: TRANSLATORS HEADS UP - moodle.org file changes
by Andrea Bicciolo - Thursday, 29 September 2011, 1:31 AM
Language pack maintainers

Hi David, thanks for this info, I checked the Italian core_moodle.org strings in the AMOS 2.1 branch, it appears all strings are in place, so I think you are safe moving 2.1 core_moodle.org to local_moodleorg, then dropping from 2.0 and previous branch.