Using AMOS tool for language pack translation

Kalaallisut/Greenlandic

Picture of Barfuss Ruge
Kalaallisut/Greenlandic
by Barfuss Ruge - Wednesday, 29 February 2012, 1:40 AM

Hi smile

I'm setting out to start a language version of Kalaallisut (Greenlandic).

I imagined that we could do the translation work on our own server and then transfer the strings to here afterwards. Is that possible? Or do we have to work in here?

I do find the first option more attractive, since that would enable us to work in our own skin and since it would take effect immediately.

How do I start the new language pack? Maybe some administrator have to do something in here to initiate it?

Best Regards

Barfuss Ruge
Language Center of Greenland
Sisimiut, Greenland

Picture of koen roggemans
Re: Kalaallisut/Greenlandic
by koen roggemans - Wednesday, 29 February 2012, 3:47 AM
Language pack maintainers

Hi Barfuss,

I'll set things up for you and contact you private when operational.

It is possible to translate on your own server and transfer, import the files, but i would advise against it. Once you are used working in the language portal, I think you will love the nice little featurs it has everywhere, to make translation work easy. There's things like search facility, history of English and your own language, easy ways for collaborating, merging versions... All things that are not possible to enjoy on your local machine.

As for taking effect immediatly: there is only 3 hours max delay between translating a string and having it working on your server after a simple language pack update click.

Kind regards

Koen

Picture of Barfuss Ruge
Re: Kalaallisut/Greenlandic
by Barfuss Ruge - Wednesday, 29 February 2012, 4:22 AM

Right, I can see your point smile. We will work here then.

Thanks for the quick answer!

Barfuss