Openmeetings

Openmeetings

by Ralf Hilgenstock -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Language pack maintainers

Openmeetings is in plugin database included with several language files. openmeetings.php is also listet als file in amos, but there are no strings included.

Any idea what happens?

In reply to Ralf Hilgenstock

Re: Openmeetings

by David Mudrák -

Ralf, make sure you have selected version 2.1 or 2.0 in the AMOS filter. As seen at http://moodle.org/plugins/pluginversions.php?plugin=mod_openmeetings the maintainer did not mark the plugin as being supported by higher Moodle versions so its English strings were not imported into these versions.

The ZIP that is downloadable from the Plugins directory, may already contain some translations. These were not imported into AMOS automatically. Somebody has to do it manually. As we should not rely on the plugin maintainers doing it themselves, we (translators) will probably to do it on our own (to safe our time).

This reminds me there is still this open issue with plugins like this that are marked for one Moodle version only but it is known they work in higher versions, too. I am going to improve AMOS code that generates ZIP packages. I think it is pretty safe to include the translation in higher versions by default, unless there is an explicit version in AMOS registered.

In reply to David Mudrák

by Ralf Hilgenstock -

Hello David, thanks this advice is very helpfull.

I think the module was uploaded last year with tests for Moodle 2.1 and 2.2. For 2.3 no changes were required and most module developers will forget to change version information if a new version is published.

I agree to Josephs suggestion to push the modules to all coming versions automatically until the module is classiefied for the latest version.

Ralf

In reply to Ralf Hilgenstock

by German Valero -

Hello David,

I think it wouldn't do any harm to push the modules old language strings into the 2.3 branch for translation in AMOS, and it would certainly benefit international users of the newer 2.3 branch to have the modules they know available in their native language.

Plus, if we are going to propagate the translations we already did for older versions, it will be a piece of cake for us translators. smile

Thanks,

German Valero