AMOS threw exception invalid_parameter_exception

AMOS threw exception invalid_parameter_exception

Napisane przez: Joseph Rézeau ()
Liczba odpowiedzi: 0

Hi all,

I uploaded a new version of my Question behaviour: RegExp Adaptive mode with Help to the Moodle plugins repository.

Everything went well, and the new version was available, but at the last moment of uploading I got this error message:

Plugin strings update in AMOS
Error: AMOS threw exception invalid_parameter_exception: Invalid parameter value detected

It took me some time to find out that my English lang file had been saved as some older Windows code, instead of UTF-8. I fixed it and re-tried my uploading to the plugins repo, and everything went OK that time, including pushing the en lang strings to AMOS.

Of course I was quite guilty to have included that non UTF-8 lang file in my plugin in the first place.wstydzi się But these things happen, and when they do, it would be nice if the plugins repo interface gave more info.

1.- Is it possible for the plugins repo to detect the wrong encoding of a lang file? If yes, then a more relevant error message could be displayed "Please encode your lang files in UTF-8".

2.- When this kind of error is detected and an AMOS error is sent out, whether it is more "relevant" as suggested in #1 or not, it would be nice to have a "Continue/Cancel" choice so that the plugin author can choose to continue uploading or cancel in order to revise the problem and upload later.

Joseph