Tip for translating core_edufields

Tip for translating core_edufields

by David Mudrák -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Language pack maintainers
I just found https://app.heims.deewr.gov.au/CourseFinder/CourseFinderFieldOfEducationBrowse.aspx pretty useful for the explanation of education fields in core_edufields. Also, try Google translator - helped me a lot especially in this file.
In reply to David Mudrák

Re: Tip for translating core_edufields

by Jasmin Klindzic -
Picture of Language pack maintainers

First of all, thank you, David for that resource. On the other hand, I really don't see the value of translating more than 400 strings present in core_edufields, especially since that classification is valid and useful only in Australian educational system, as far as I have understood. That list will be used for course classification on hubs, AFAIK? In my opinion, a smaller and more international-oriented classification would be better. Correct me if I am wrong.

We have a similar classification in Croatia, but it is significantly smaller in comparison (it doesn't go into that much detail), and with different categories and fields.

I have, on the other hand, translated some 300 strings from core_edufields (mainly because of statistics and the vast number of strings in that file). And Google Translator was rather helpful (when it wasn't funny as hell with hilarious "translations").