1 day 6 hours - order of noun and numeral

1 day 6 hours - order of noun and numeral

by Barfuss Ruge -
Number of replies: 4

I have a problem with the column ”Last Access” in the list of participants.

In English it is

1 day 6 hours

but in Greenlandic it should be

ulloq 1 nal.ak. 6

I'm able to translate the terms, but how do I change the order of the noun and the numeral?

Has anyone met the same problem? (I hope I'm asking in the right forum here smile.)

Thanks in advance smile

Barfuss Ruge

In reply to Barfuss Ruge

Re: 1 day 6 hours - order of noun and numeral

by German Valero -
Picture of Language pack maintainers

Hi, I think that is set in the  langconfig.php file of your language file.

I would suggest to have a look at http://docs.moodle.org/dev/Translation_langconfig#strftimedatetime.2Ccore_langconfig  and http://docs.moodle.org/dev/Translation_langconfig#strftimedatetime.2Ccore_langconfig

I would also suggest using a local Moodle server (Windows or Mac) to test the effect of different settings for langconfig.php before commiting changes to AMOS

In reply to Barfuss Ruge

Tárgy: 1 day 6 hours - order of noun and numeral

by Károly Fábricz -

Guess this should be specified in your language settings. Is your Moodle interface set to Greenlandic? Is your Greenlandic settings file specified to handle the order of elements properly?

Karoly

In reply to Károly Fábricz

AKISSUT: Tárgy: 1 day 6 hours - order of noun and numeral

by Barfuss Ruge -

German and Karoly, thanks for your quick response and for directing me to langconfig.php.

I've looked into it and I certainly learnt something new smile.

But I'm afraid I still need help to figure out which string to change.

It seems to me that the time format strings would be the most relevant ones, but I cant find parameters in the format strings to fetch the word for "hour", "day" etc. in my specific language, which I figure I would need to change the order of the two.

The format strings seem to be meant to print out the current time and date. I'm not sure, but wouldn't the relative span of time since last login be something different?

Or am I getting it completely wrong mixed?

smile Barfuss

In reply to Barfuss Ruge

Re: 1 day 6 hours - order of noun and numeral

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Language pack maintainers
Unfortunately, you can't achieve this at the moment sad

These time periods are displayed by the core function format_time() defined in moodlelib.php. The order numeral-space-noun is hardcoded there. The nouns use the strings like "day", "days", "hour", "hours" etc all defined in the "core" component (moodle.php).

If there is no acceptable way in your language how to compose this with the given order, please fill a bug report with a reference to this thread. Thanks.