I tried Amara at https://www.amara.org and I did not like it much: It makes me write and time each line...
I think there might be an easier/faster method:
- Go to the screencast you will translate firstly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pqMDwXICRY (new question types).
- Choose ... More
- Chose Transcript
- Copy all the transcript (with timing)
- Paste into any text editor.
- Translate from English into your own language, overwriting the original English language strings but keeping the timing.
- Check for typos and fix if needed.
- Copy everything.
- Paste it in a new (temp) page in your Moodle Language Docs ( https://docs.moodle.org/all/es/Screencast_Moodle_3.0_Release_new_question_types ).
- Write Mary and kindly ask her to check, approve and upload the translation as a (Mexican spanish) Moodle HQ approved translation
- Nicely ask Eloy LaFuente to check if this translation would also work for international spanish or to change as needed.
I hope it works... as long as there is a working English language transcript available for the Hard of Hearing.