I just submitted the new strings for Moodle Mobile 3.4.0.
You can find the strings to be translated in the component: local_moodlemobileapp version 2.6 (you only need to translate the strings for that version, no need to copy the strings in following ones).
This new version will be released in a week (the 30th of November).
In this version, we have included grammatical fixes and consistency improvements to the English base package (translators don't need to review them).
We have also fixed some languages with parent languages like de-du (Deutsch - Du)
Thanks for your contributions!
you can test the "integration" version of the app via this link: https://prototype.moodle.net/mobile/webapp/ (please note that it requires the Chrome browser to work). You can connect to a testing site just typing "student" in the "Site URL" field.
We have detected some strings that need fixing so you'll probably see a few wrong strings in the app (feel free to report them because we probably missed someones).
hmm, something should've changed recently (server or browser restrictions) because it was working recently, just try with:
username: student or teacher
the app in https://prototype.moodle.net/mobile/webapp/ is Moodle Mobile 3.4.0 - integration (I just checked it), did you access that site previously? Maybe you are using a cached version in that case.
sorry for this misunderstanding. I tested the "student" and the "teacher" account with the real old app on iOS and I found no problem. I deleted the accounts and I could log in. This first test should show if David's problem comes from the website.
Now I am logged in with https://prototype.moodle.net/mobile/webapp/ and this is Moodle Mobile 3.4.0 of course. I opened the web app with the Safari browser on macOS 10.13.1 and it looks fine! It seems to be a nice testing environment for the app.
I switched the language to german and I found that all notifications names are still in english. I hope you will get it with the following url https://prototype.moodle.net/mobile/webapp/#/site/mm_settings/notifications-preferences (screenshot 1).
Also some strings on the page https://prototype.moodle.net/mobile/webapp/#/site/mm_settings/messages-preferences are still in english.
On the page https://prototype.moodle.net/mobile/webapp/#/site/myoverview I clicked on the three points right for the course "Celebrating Cultures". The menu item "Competencies" is still in english (screenshot 2). Clicking on the item I get the page "Kurskompetenzen" ... okay, this is correctly the german translation for "Course competencies".
Then I switched to https://prototype.moodle.net/mobile/webapp/#/site/myoverview and looked at the timeline. The todo list on the right side is in english (screenshot 3).
Now I looked at die course grading https://prototype.moodle.net/mobile/webapp/#/site/coursesgrades/grades. I tied this for the course ""Celebrating Cultures" and found the english text "Course total. Simple weighted mean of grades." (screenshot 4) On this page you also see the english phase names "submission" and ""assessment". And there is the word "empty" which is not translated.
On a learning plan page https://prototype.moodle.net/mobile/webapp/#/site/learningplans/learningplan I found some more english words: "learning plans" (headline) and "competent" (green field). The other english words "active", "constructive", "communicative", "civic", "creative", "critical", "cognitive", "confident" and "cultural" are competencies of the learning plan ... I don't know if the competency names but be translated in AMOS or in die settings of the test moodle. (screenshot 5).
If I should write my results to a different website then please let mi know.
Best regards, Ralf
Hello Ralf. I found the same as you regarding the English terms where they should be German.
With regard to your comment here:
The other english words "active", "constructive", "communicative", "civic", "creative", "critical", "cognitive", "confident" and "cultural" are competencies of the learning plan ... I don't know if the competency names but be translated in AMOS or in die settings of the test moodle. (screenshot 5)
Those names are indeed part of a competency framework created in English for that demonstration course. I would say they shouldn't be translated, in the same way that English course activities are not translated via Amos but are translated manually by teachers if a course needs to be in a different language - likewise with a competency framework.
thanks a lot for your detailed report.
The messaging and notification preferences strings come from the site (they are not translated in the app), the reason is that you may have plugins on your site exporting providers. If you force the language for your user in the site to de you will receive those strings in German .
The other problem, right now, is that when you switch to a different language on your phone, we don't have a way to tell Moodle Web Services to use a specific language when returning information from the site, so you may see some mixed content (most of the app strings in the device selected language and other in the site language for your user).
This is quite annoying but we have plans to fix it for 3.5.
In any case, I see that there are additional strings that should be translated (like Competencies one) so I'll investigate further and try to fix them.
the following is no translation problem.
I found something in the https://prototype.moodle.net/mobile/webapp/ which I can't explain. In my website I set a custom string for the menu item "frontpage". This custom string uses an emoji. In the mobile app I can see this emoji but not in the prototype web app. In the prototype app I only get a question mark instead of the start flag.
Best regards, Ralf