Hard-coded English language strings in site footer ?

Hard-coded English language strings in site footer ?

by German Valero -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Language pack maintainers

When checking a 3.6 dev local site with a 100% core-translated es_mx language pack, I found that the site footer has a strange mixture of some translated and some other untranslated strings in the same sentence.

I described it and added images in https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Translation_FAQ#If_you_think_that_you_have_found_a_hard-coded_English_language_string_different_from_the_above_ones

It seems that the AMOS language string 3.6dev | pageinfodebugsummary | core_admin

This page is: {$a}

is indeed properly translated at the beginning of the sentence (first green rectangle), but the {$a} part is a mixture of some translated and some unstranlated components .

?

In reply to German Valero

Re: Hard-coded English language strings in site footer ?

by David Mudrák -

That's expected. What you see is a developer debugging information and you see it only because you have displaying of such information enabled. It is not supposed to be displayed on production sites. The information displayed is purely technical and will never be localised.

Let me suggest to remove the added FAQ item. As the name suggests, it should be used for actually frequently asked questions. Thanks.

In reply to David Mudrák

Re: Hard-coded English language strings in site footer ?

by German Valero -

It puzzled me that some strings were translated while some others were not. But, as you say, being technical debugging information, it should not matter much.

I have removed the FAQ paragraph.

Thanks David.