Being able to import from a zip file for several Moodle versions

Re: Being able to import from a zip file for several Moodle versions

by David Mudrák -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Language pack maintainers

> it will still be a real pain

Just to clarify. This "real pain" is that you would need to repeat the import, say, three of four times (once for each supported Moodle version)?

In reply to David Mudrák

Re: Being able to import from a zip file for several Moodle versions

by Séverin Terrier -

Hi David,

As i explained previously with more details, i sometime had to do the work for (more than) 10 Moodle versions, and for each word/sentence to update/harmonise.

And each time, i have to delete original php files included (just previously) in latest zip version (to avoid duplicates), build again a new zip file, and put it in AMOS for the N-1 version. When you change 4 words, you're near 40 times to make this whole thing...

I could perhaps just do it for latest supported versions, but i'm used, when doing something, to do it in whole.

And you sometimes have plugins not updated for some Moodle versions (like "Configurable reports"), and suddenly updated again. If i've not made the changes, it won't be included when updated some months/years after. And i won't think, several months/years later, to check again to do some changes.

Hope it better clarifies my use case, that is to harmonise used vocabulary (words/sentences) on the whole Moodle plugin pack (plugins included).

Séverin