Weird things in h5plib_v124

Weird things in h5plib_v124

Bởi koen roggemans -
Số lượng các câu trả lời: 13
Hình của Language pack maintainers

There are some weird things in h5plib_v124, like  (: clip) and %lib.

They don't show up in https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Translation_FAQ#Are_there_items_which_are_NOT_to_be_translated.3F

Did anyone manage to figure out what they do by seeing it in use in the interface?  Can it be translated?

Kind regards

Koen

Để phản hồi tới koen roggemans

Re: Weird things in h5plib_v124

Bởi German Valero -

Hi Koen,

I also wondered about the very peculiar syntax for those very new strings. I recall some other H5P-related AMOS file also had weird syntax a few weeks ago..

But, like many of you, I have been very busy trying to motivate my students with off-site courses at my University.

Plus, the large number of new strings for the coming 3.9 Moodle branch

I wil try to use the new Moodle 3.9dev local server I just managed to install in my PC (I had windows registry issues preventing me from installing it for the past 2 months).

ps: the German and Italian translations for H5P source code at https://localization.h5p.org/ are 100% complete. Maybe it would be interesting to test the new Moodle 3.9dev AMOS strings with those languages. But, despite being named Germán, I can not read German at all (pun intended) !

Để phản hồi tới koen roggemans

Bởi Sara Arjona Téllez -

Hi Koen!

Thanks for raising this question! We've added some extra information to this Translations page (here) to explain how they should be treated. As you'll see, this placeholders (such as :clip or %lib), must not be translated. Please, let us know if it's clear enough nháy mắt

Kind regards!

Để phản hồi tới Sara Arjona Téllez

Bởi German Valero -

Thanks a lot Sara.

Please note that the file core_h5p.php also has some peculiar strings such as:

Added {$a->%new} new H5P libraries.

One of the files inside the package exceeds the maximum file size allowed. ({$a->%file} {$a->%used} > {$a->%max})

Invalid language file {$a->%file} in library {$a->%library}

Để phản hồi tới German Valero

Bởi Sara Arjona Téllez -

Hi German!

Thanks a lot for looking at the changes and commenting about these strings. All the cases in core_h5p.php, such as {$a->%library} I would say are covered by the information in the Moodle variables enclosed within {curly brackets} section. Do you think is enough or should be added some extra information in order to avoid any confusion?

Cheers!

Ang: Re: Weird things in h5plib_v124

Bởi Bente Olsen -

Hi Sara

Thanks for your help with this.

I do have an additional question though. In Moodle you can combine letters/words and curly brackets, eg. you can write relevant{$a}string, without spaces before or after the curly brackets. What is the rule when it comes to h5p placeholders?

Can I use :lib-translatedword, translatedword:lib, translatedword-:lib or :libtranslatedword

I ask because I sometime combine a word and a placeholder in my translations. In Danish we have a lot of 'doubbled' words. Eg. I have translated a string like this:

[Missing translation :key] → [Mangler oversættelses-:key]

In this case I have chosen to use a hyphen between my Danish word and the placeholder, in the hope that it will be okay. Normally in Moodle I might have translated the string containing curly brackets without the hyphen.

In addition I might be tempted to write
%libtypen skal...
which would work with placeholder with curly brackets.

Another example:

The :property value can only contain numbers. → :property-værdien kan kun indeholde tal.

Thanks in advance

Bente

Để phản hồi tới Bente Olsen

Re: Ang: Re: Weird things in h5plib_v124

Bởi Sara Arjona Téllez -

Hi Bente!

The cases you mentioned in your message should work as expected if you add the hyphen before or after the ":xxxxx" key (I've been able to confirm them with some quick tests):

• [Missing translation :key] → [Mangler oversættelses-:key]
  • The :property value can only contain numbers. → :property-værdien kan kun indeholde tal.

For the "%libtypen skal" I need some more information (the original string would help), to confirm if they will work too cười

Kind regards from Barcelona,

Sara

Ang: Re: Ang: Re: Weird things in h5plib_v124

Bởi Bente Olsen -

Hi Sara

Thank you for your reply. Now I see the rule as it is ok to use  (if the placeholder is :code or %code)

:code-extracharacters, extracharacters-:code or %code-extracharacters, extracharacters-%code,

but I have to avoid

extracharacters:code, :codeextracharacters and extracharacters%code, %codeextracharacters

so combining the placeholder with another string always should be done with the hypen as separator?

My example with %libtype was just an example created by me, not something from the languagepack.

Cheers from Roskilde cười

Bente

Để phản hồi tới Bente Olsen

Bởi Sara Arjona Téllez -

Hi Bente!

As far as I've seen, all the cases should work (even the ones without hyphen). The first occurrence of :code (or %code) will be replaced by the corresponding text regardless if there aren't empty spaces or hyphens near. So, if code=xxxxx:

• :code-extracharacters / %code-extracharacters will be converted to xxxxx-extracharacters
  • extracharacters-:code / extracharacters-%code will be converted to extracharacters-xxxxx
  • extracharacters:code / extracharacters%code will be converted to extracharactersxxxxx
  • :codeextracharacters / %codeextracharacters will be converted to xxxxxextracharacters

Cheers!

Sara