14 untranslatable language strings

14 untranslatable language strings

by Mitsuhiro Yoshida -
Number of replies: 8
Picture of Language pack maintainers

There are 14 new language strings created under MDL-72509 that cannot be translated and committed, should I just leave them as they are?

[[MDL-72509] Move the participants filter UI from within core_user to a re-usable API - Moodle Tracker]
https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-72509

Attachment amos.png
In reply to Mitsuhiro Yoshida

Re: 14 untranslatable language strings

by Nicolas Martignoni -

I've experimented the same bug (?). I suspect this is because these strings were moved (strictly, they are not new).

Workaround: download your stage, empty it, then import your exported strings. This has enabled me to commit the French strings.

In reply to Nicolas Martignoni

by koen roggemans -
I commented on the bug. I didn't get my strings in right away. Translators shouldn't have to deal with this.
Thanks for reporting and analysing the cause of the problem.

by Mitsuhiro Yoshida -
Thank you. I could commit the Japanese strings successfully using the procedure you provided.

by Ralf Krause -
Hi Nicolas,
your method seems to be very strange but it works also for me.
Ralf

Er: Re: 14 untranslatable language strings

by Iñigo Zendegi Urzelai -
Hi Nicolas,

I've tried to follow the workaround steps but haven't succeed, could you please add more details to help me detect what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

P.S.: The MDL that introduced this issue is already closed, so comments made after that maybe be gone after the radar of HQ, may it deserve to create another issue as a regression of MDL-72509?
In reply to Iñigo Zendegi Urzelai

Re: Er: Re: 14 untranslatable language strings

by koen roggemans -

You are right. I created a new one: https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-76232

I can confirm the workaround works.

Workaround: download your stage, empty it, then import your exported strings. This has enabled me to commit the French strings..

Since I've done it already, it's kind of difficult to replay and elaborate.

If you have the 14 translated strings in stage, you can download them there with one of the tools. Then you can delete all the strings in your stage, so it is empty. You can unzip the file with the downloaded strings and upload them again to your stage and commit. That should fix it.