Bug in AMOS?

Bug in AMOS?

by Ralf Krause -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Language pack maintainers

Hi David,

could it be that there is a bug in AMOS? Yesterday Nicolas Martignony fixed some issues for the Moodle Benchmark plugin. He uploaded the plugin to the Moodle plugin page so that everybody can update the plugin in his Moodle.

There are two new text strings in the new version and one string changed. I translated the two new strings today but the third string did not change in the english version for the string. If you want to see the mistake you can download the plugin and look for the string in the plugin and then in AMOS.

$string['slowwebsolution'] = '<ul><li><a href="{$a}" target="_blank">Purge the Moodle cache</a>.</li></ul>';

Best regards, 
Ralf

Ralf Krause
moodleSCHULE e.V.

In reply to Ralf Krause

Re: Bug in AMOS?

by koen roggemans -
I found a similar problem.
The Poodle mini-lessonplugin reports 385 strings and 10% translated in Dutch, but in Amos I only see 351 strings and 4 translated (that's only 1%) It seems like something goes wrong in the import of new strings from the plugins...
In reply to Ralf Krause

by David Mudrák -

Thank you Ralf and Koen.

I have MDLSITE-6941 on my urgent to-do list and I believe this may very well be related. I hope I'll get to fixing that ASAP. Will report there in the tracker.

In reply to David Mudrák

by Ralf Krause -

Hi David,

I can't say if MDLSITE-6941 would be the same problem. In my issue you have and English plugin text which is old and not in the English language file anymore. If you know what you should insert you can translate the text string but you must know it.

Kind regards,
Ralf

Ralf Krause
moodleSCHULE e.V.

Translation for Moodle benchmark

In reply to Ralf Krause

by David Mudrák -

Right. Yeah, I can see what is going on here.

If you look at the string history for the "slowwebsolution" string, you will see that the recent change was imported to AMOS. But it did not get imported as the most recent version. This latest plugin version v1.5.1 (2023012800) has Moodle 2.7 and higher marked as supported versions. So AMOS imports this string as for Moodle 2.7 and higher. But there were plugin versions such as v1.4.0 that had more recent Moodle versions marked as supported. And these strings were imported as more recent, effectively taking precedence over the 2.7 ones (even if 2.7 ones were added later).

This is not right of course. I will need to think about the best way to handle these cases.

AMOS export log

String history report