I found this message:

Automatically saved backup stash

Bayu Widyasanyata
Picture of Bayu Widyasanyata
Saturday, September 17, 2011, 07:23 AM
Number of strings: 32
Languages: id
Components: moodle
When I click Apply button, I redirected to "Stage" page and showed 2 options: Stage action and Stashing actions.
With all translated strings that I have commited.
Why does the string are still appear in Stage page?
Should I Unstage All since I already commited it?
Thank you in advance,
[bayu]
In reply to Bayu Widyasanyata

Re: Still appear in Stage page

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Language pack maintainers

Hi Bayu, welcome on board!

Firstly I expect you have read AMOS user manual that explains using AMOS tools (please feel free to improve it based on you experience and learning).

The Automatically saved backup stash is expected to contain the snapshot of your stage as it looked like just before you committed it (because this stash is updated each time you stage some string). So yes, you can apply it and strings appear in the stage again. And I expect that if you tried the Rebase button then, all strings would be unstaged as they are up-to-date.

Please note that this stash is not intended for a check. It is actually a backup that holds your recent work. The reason is that when you log out (by accident or timeout or the browser crashes or whatever), the stage is lost and all strings in it, too. In that situation you can apply the backup stash to restore your work.

I hope it's clearer now. Do not hesitate to ask should you have any other questions!

In reply to David Mudrák

by Bayu Widyasanyata -

Hi David,

Sorry for the late reply.

Thank you for your explanation, clarifying my doubts.

And now,  during my "probation" period smile, I do following task (being as translator and maintainer):

Go to Translator (page) with selected filter > Translate strings > Go to Stage page > Commit with comments (put version, identifier, my name, etc.) > Go to Stashes page and click Apply and continue click Rebase button to clean up the Stashes records.

If this activites are in correct way and common, kindly please your comments smile

Thank you,

[bayu]

In reply to Bayu Widyasanyata

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Language pack maintainers

OK. Forget completely about stashes. They are not needed for the workflow at all. For you, the work is finished once you commit the strings into the repository. After the commit, the stage is emptied and you can go to the translator again.

To summarise:

1. Go to Translator
  2. Use the filter to select strings to translate
  3. Translate them
  4. Go to Stage page
  5. Propagate changes to other branches
  6. Commit
  7. Have a coffee and go back to 1.