Custom language pack to stash conversion

Custom language pack to stash conversion

by Angelin Lalev -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Language pack maintainers

Greetings,

I have already translated large parts of moodle 2.0 interface into Bulgarian (via language customization) for my organization and I want to contribute it. I contaced the translation coordinator for Bulgarian language and I expect reply soon, but since I'm continuing to translate I just want to be sure that I won't have to manually transfer thousands of strings manually between my local translation and AMOS.  AMOS seems to focus on one-translation-at-a-time operation, which is ineffective in my case. Is it possible to upload my entire custom language pack into AMOS somehow? Turn it to stash, etc?

In reply to Angelin Lalev

Re: Custom language pack to stash conversion

by David Mudrák -

Hi Angelin,

this feature is being developed at the moment. So yes, you will be able to upload your xx_local language pack into AMOS and send it to the maintainer for revision once this feature is ready. Meanwhile, please continue your valuable work and make sure you watch site news at lang.moodle.org.

In reply to David Mudrák

Re: Custom language pack to stash conversion

by Angelin Lalev -

Thanks for the info and thanks to every one and each of you. This program is one of the most influential open source products used in Bulgaria, beacuse practically each of our 52 universities use it in some fashion to educate students which translates to tens of thousands of users....

Thanks!