New string in the book module

New string in the book module

by Ralf Krause -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Language pack maintainers

Hi Dave,

there's a new string in the book module that IO can't translate. The new string is not in the AMOS tool yet. What should I do for this problem? The new sting is "Add a new book" and can be found in the roles section "mod/book:addinstance"

Ralf

Attachment new_string_in_book_module.png
In reply to Ralf Krause

Re: New string in the book module

by David Mudrák -
Hi Ralf, and thanks for the report. The string should be now available in the AMOS Translator.
In reply to David Mudrák

by Ralf Krause -

Hi David,

the string can be found in lang package for Moodle 2.2 but not in the others.

Ralf

In reply to Ralf Krause

by David Mudrák -
Oops, right. The string is required for Moodle 2.3 and therefore it is introduced in the Book master branch only. The stable 2.2, 2.1 and 2.0 branches do not have this string.

I just fixed AMOS database so that your translation appears at 2.3dev correctly. Thanks for pinging me.
In reply to David Mudrák

by Ralf Krause -

Hi David,

the Text "Add a new book" is also shown in Moodle 2.2. Actually I do not have a Moodle 2.1 or 2.0 with an installed book module so I can't say anything about the others.

Ralf

In reply to Ralf Krause

by David Mudrák -
Well, yes. It can be shown in your Moodle 2.2 if you installed Book's master branch instead of its MOODLE_22_STABLE branch. The point is that this capability is used by Moodle 2.3 and higher only. Therefore Petr correctly included the string in the master branch only and that one will form 2.3 release of the plugin.