Any way to show only untranslated strings?

Any way to show only untranslated strings?

by Orestes Mas -
Number of replies: 5

Hello,

Sorry for the (maybe) silly question, but I don't find the answer anywhere.

Can I obtain a list of all untranslated strings? This will ease a lot the goal of having a language 100% translated.

Thanks in advance.

In reply to Orestes Mas

Re: Any way to show only untranslated strings?

by Joseph Rézeau -
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Orestes Mas -

Oh, "missing" strings, I see. Silly me!

I didn't realize it on the first rapid sight. To worsen the situation, I see the AMOS interface translated to my language (catalan), and there the translation is unfortunate: the meaning is somewhat near "lost" strings, which lead me to confusion.

Which raises another question: How to report/correct AMOS translation bugs?

Thank you.

Anyway, I would suggest "untranslated and outdated strings only" as a (perhaps) clearer english label.

Orestes.

In reply to Orestes Mas

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Language pack maintainers

How to report/correct AMOS translation bugs?

AMOS translation is handled by the AMOS itself. Just choose the component "local_amos" and the version 2.4 in the strings filter. Then you can fix the translation and submit it as a normal contribution. Your language pack maintainer will have to approve and commit your proposal as usually.

In reply to Orestes Mas

by German Valero -

Hi Orestes,

You can choose the language that AMOS uses for the interface by editing your profile within AMOS.

Just change your preferred language from catalan to english smile

If the AMOS translation of AMOS interface is not good enough, you can talk about it with the main catalan language pack maintainer.

In reply to Orestes Mas

by koen roggemans -

Yes, for components you tick "standard", and in miscelanious you tick "missing and outdated strings only.

That should give you a list of all untranslated strings of the standard components of your language pack.

Edit: I see this is wel known how to solve this problem big grin - thanks Jozeph.