Translating moodle plugins repository

Translating moodle plugins repository

by Vadim Dvorovenko -
Number of replies: 2
I've recently got an idea, that moodle.org site be more friendly, if it were translated into native language. I'd wish to translate download.moodle.org and plugins repository. But i have not such found strings in amos. local_moodle_org in amos is 2.6, when i know, that currently 3.0 is used. Is there a way of translating in?

In reply to Vadim Dvorovenko

Re: Translating moodle plugins repository

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Language pack maintainers
Thanks Vadim for the suggestion.

In the past, I was personally against this, to be honest. My reasoning was that most of the content in the directory is user input (such as plugin descriptions, release notes, plugin names etc) and I personally find the mix of English and non-English contents on the page quite confusing.

But I admit it is already happening on moodle.org anyway (given that you have non-English as your preferred language for UI) and others in the discussion did not see the mix as a problem. So I assume it mostly about personal preference. So yeah, let us discuss and see what others think (having this opened on moodle.org might be better place).

I shall update local_moodleorg in AMOS to contain the most recent strings there. Thanks for the reminder (can you please create a task for us in the tracker?)
In reply to David Mudrák

Re: Translating moodle plugins repository

by Séverin Terrier -

Hi,

I also find it's generaly easier to use sites (or tools) in your own first language ; so it would be a good idea to translate plugin repository and download pages smile

Séverin