Hot to use the AMOS translation on the real moodle web-site

Hot to use the AMOS translation on the real moodle web-site

by Іван Іванович Половко -
Number of replies: 4
We have a real moodle web-site for our University but when the server is reloading, the local translation goes to default and i have to translate it one more time as it was before the reload. Can i sync my translation with AMOS so when the server is reloading, i just need to import the translation from AMOS?
In reply to Іван Іванович Половко

Re: Hot to use the AMOS translation on the real moodle web-site

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Language pack maintainers

That is not supposed to happen.

Did you follow the documentation on https://docs.moodle.org/39/en/Language_customisation?

If you start fiddling in the language file, then your modification get lost.

If you have missing language strings that are usable for the general public in your language, then the way to go is found on https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Contributing_a_translation

by David Mudrák -

> when the server is reloading, the local translation goes to default

What do you mean by "server is reloading" here? As Koen says, are you sure you use the language customisation feature? Maybe you are modifying the upstream official language pack and your changes get rewritten once the server updates the language packs? Please note, the customised translations are stored in your moodledata/lang/xx_local folder (where "xx" is the code of tha language you have customised).

In reply to David Mudrák

by Іван Іванович Половко -

I mean that the default language pack doest not translate all of the strings so i do it as local translation, and when we wipe the site, the translated stings that i've translated are untranslated as it was at the beggining. So i was wondering how can i sync my translation with the translation pack so when i choose the language on the new site, all strings are translated. 

Odg: Re: Hot to use the AMOS translation on the real moodle web-site

by Mitja Podreka -

Your local translations are stored in the [moodledata]/lang/uk-local folder.

To sync your translations from old site to the new site, you simply copy the uk_la folder.

Even better is to ZIP all the files in your uk_local folder and upload the ZIP file to AMOS. This way your translations will be available to you and everybody else. You can ask language pack maintainers for help.