Name of language pack "fo" changed

Name of language pack "fo" changed

by Gunnar Restorff -
Number of replies: 2

The language pack "fo" Faroese, has in Moodle 2.2 and 2.3 had the name "Føroyskt", which is the name of the language faroese in the local language. For some reason, in 2.4 this has been changed (not by me) to faroese which is the english name of the language. 

This means that in the dropdown menu where I choose languages, it is named "Faroese" instead of "Føroyskt" - although al other languages are written in theirown local language.

How can I change this/who should I contact.

Thanks in advance,

In reply to Gunnar Restorff

Re: Name of language pack "fo" changed

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Language pack maintainers
The string has not changed. What happened here is that there was the value "Faroese" since the begining of the language pack existence. You have correctly fixed the name of the language, but only at branches 2.2 and 2.3. At the branch 2.4, you have left the English original.

Look at http://lang.moodle.org/local/amos/view.php?t=1355879681&v=2400%2C2300%2C2200%2C2100&l=fo&c=langconfig&s=&d=thislanguage and fix the name of the language there.

You may want to use the Propagate pre-commit feature and other tools available at the empty Stage page to keep your language pack consistent across branches.
In reply to David Mudrák

Svar: Re: Name of language pack "fo" changed

by Gunnar Restorff -

I did think this thought, but because I recently did propagate/merge the 2.2 and 2.3 into 2.4 I thought it couldn't be. Now I found out that thislanguage was pre-filled out as faroese, so it didn't change. Now, I am pretty sure that it will be fixed after next release of the language pack.

Thanks for the help,