pack content mismatch

pack content mismatch

by Károly Fábricz -
Number of replies: 4

I have recently downloaded the current (3.5) HU language pack to perform a review. To my surprise, there are strings taken from the pack that AMOS cannot find. Am I doing something wrong?

Karoly

Attachment string_not_found.png
In reply to Károly Fábricz

Re: pack content mismatch

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Language pack maintainers

What strings? Sorry I'm not good enough in Hungarian to get that from the screenshot.

In reply to David Mudrák

Tárgy: Re: pack content mismatch

by Károly Fábricz -

Sorry, David, for not being specific enough.

Simply put:

1. I downloaded the recent HU pack (3.5) for a review.

2. Found some strings with typos, etc.

3. When I entered a (sub)string awaiting correction, Amos appeared to find only a portion of such (sub)strings.

Other settings do not appear relevant, as they are the same in both cases (in case of finding and in case of failing to find a substring).

Puzzling...

Tárgy: Re: pack content mismatch

by Károly Fábricz -

Perhaps this will help to identify the issue.

1. Dowloaded the recent hu pack for a review

2. Searched for text id "configforcelogin" in versions from 3.0 up to current

3. Received 14 hits

4. None of the hits contains the typo "ckezdőoldalát" found in the downloaded "configforcelogin" string

5. What I cannot understand is what causes the discrepancy between the recent dowload and the recent state stored in Amos.

Karoly

Re: Tárgy: Re: pack content mismatch

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Language pack maintainers

I am sorry Károly but I cannot reproduce this problem.

I checked the 3.5 hu.zip package downloaded from https://download.moodle.org/langpack/3.5/ and the file hu/admin.php does not have that typo.

As per the timeline for that string, that typo has been corrected since November 2013. Also in the backup repository of language packages it seems the string has always had the right spelling "kezdőoldalát" on the 3.5 branch.

It is a mystery to me how you could get that typo in a downloaded package.