Sorry, David, for not being specific enough.
1. I downloaded the recent HU pack (3.5) for a review.
2. Found some strings with typos, etc.
3. When I entered a (sub)string awaiting correction, Amos appeared to find only a portion of such (sub)strings.
Other settings do not appear relevant, as they are the same in both cases (in case of finding and in case of failing to find a substring).
Perhaps this will help to identify the issue.
1. Dowloaded the recent hu pack for a review
2. Searched for text id "configforcelogin" in versions from 3.0 up to current
3. Received 14 hits
4. None of the hits contains the typo "ckezdőoldalát" found in the downloaded "configforcelogin" string
5. What I cannot understand is what causes the discrepancy between the recent dowload and the recent state stored in Amos.
I am sorry Károly but I cannot reproduce this problem.
I checked the 3.5 hu.zip package downloaded from https://download.moodle.org/langpack/3.5/ and the file hu/admin.php does not have that typo.
As per the timeline for that string, that typo has been corrected since November 2013. Also in the backup repository of language packages it seems the string has always had the right spelling "kezdőoldalát" on the 3.5 branch.
It is a mystery to me how you could get that typo in a downloaded package.